Build Your Business Drop to LL.com Full View
Talk to a Lawyer Today
Worker's Comp Resources
- Find Workers Compensation Lawyers, Worker Comp Attorney Finder
- How To Preserve Evidence In A Workers Compensation Case
- Will A Workers Compensation Case Affect My Future Employment
- Workers Compensation - The Basics
- What Should I Bring To A First Meeting With A Workers Compensation Attorney
- What Should I Do, If I Suspect My Employee Of Workers Compensation Fraud
- More Worker's Comp Articles
What Financial Outcomes to Expect From My Workers Comp Case
If you are injured on the job and your claim for benefits is accepted by your employer, there are certain financial outcomes you can expect from your workers' compensation case.
The benefits you will receive largely depend upon the type and extent of the injury you sustained, your wages, the time you miss from work, medical costs, ability to return to work at your usual occupation or if you sustain a permanent injury. The following is a list of common workers' compensation benefits.
Other financial outcomes
- Third-party claim - You could bring a third-party action if you were injured by a defective product or by someone’s negligence other than your employer.
- Social Security disability - If you are totally disabled, you can apply for SSD benefits, although the requirements are much stricter.
Consult with a knowledgeable workers' compensation attorney who can explain these possible additional financial outcomes for you.