Build Your Business Drop to LL.com Full View
Talk to a Lawyer Today
Truck Accident Resources
- Find Truck Accident Lawyers, Trucking Accidents Attorney Finder
- Find Personal Injury Lawyers, Personal Injury Attorney Finder
- Burden of Liability: Truck Drivers and Their Employers
- The Role of GPS Navigation Systems in Commercial Trucking
- How Do I Obtain A Settlement In A Truck Accident Case
- Do Truck Drivers Always Get The Rest They Need
- 5 Myths Of Truck Accident Cases
- More Truck Accident Articles
Hiring A Truck Accident Lawyer - Questions To Ask Your Attorney
Crashes involving trucks can be among the more injurious accidents. If you've been hit by a truck, you should seek out a truck accident lawyer. If you don't know what questions to ask when interviewing an attorney, we have a number of suggestions for you.
Most truck accident attorneys are willing to meet with you in a no-obligation, first meeting called an initial consultation. This is your chance to interview them to find your best choice in a lawyer, as well as get feedback about your potential lawsuit.
Background And Experience
A good way to start an interview with truck accident lawyers is to ask about their experience. Some relevant questions to ask include:
- When did you graduate law school? How long have you been representing trucking accident victims?
- How many clients with truck accident lawsuits do you represent each year?
- Do you take other types of cases? Which? How much of your practice is focused on trucking accidents?
- How do you stay current on truck accident law?
Assessment Of Your Case
The truck accident attorneys you meet are sure to have many questions about the circumstances surrounding your accident. Answer them honestly. Then find out what they think of your case. Ask questions such as:
- How strong is my case?
- What are its strengths and weaknesses?
- How likely is a settlement?
- Do you believe more than one party is responsible?
- What would happen at trial?
- How long will this case take to wrap up?
You'll want to know how your case will be handled behind the scenes. This is called case management. It's good to know because you want to know what to expect. To find out, consider asking:
- Do you have time to represent me?
- Will others work on my case? If so, what are their roles and responsibilities? Can I meet them?
- Will you be the head attorney representing me at settlement talks? In court?
- Whom should I call if I have questions? What's your normal response time?
- Will I receive regular updates? From whom? How often?
You're probably wondering how much a trucking accident lawyer costs. To find out, ask:
- Will you take a percentage of my proceeds? If so how much?
- If we don't settle or win in court, do I owe you anything?
- If you charge by the hour, what is your rate? Will I have to pay a larger first payment?
- What forms of payment are acceptable? When are they due?
- Besides your time, will I have other legal expenses to pay? What are they? How much might they total?
Choosing A Truck Accident Lawyer
After you have completed your interviews, it's time to select a truck accident lawyer to represent you. Before you do, you should take some time to examine some qualities you don't see on a resume, such as:
- Patience answering your questions
- A compatible personality with yours
When you consider these qualities against others that you can measure - experience, legal fees, advice - the best truck accident lawyer should emerge. If you have more than one excellent contender, call a few former clients of each to find out what it was really like working with these lawyers.
Once you have hired your truck accident lawyer, you are ready to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and property damage.