Build Your Business Drop to LL.com Full View
Talk to a Lawyer Today
Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Find Motorcycle Accident Lawyers, Motorcycle Accident Attorney
- Find Personal Injury Lawyers, Personal Injury Attorney Finder
- Ability and Experience of Counsel in Motorcycle Crash Cases
- The Role of Helmet Use In Motorcycle Accident Cases
- What Are The Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- What Should I Do, If I Am Involved In A Motorcycle Accident
- Class Action Against Harley Davidson
- More Motorcycle Accident Articles
What Are The Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents may result from a variety of causes, but you can avoid accidents by practicing motorcycle safety when you ride. Familiarize yourself with the local laws in the areas where you ride and follow those laws. Despite your best efforts, if you are involved in a motorcycle accident, contact a personal injury attorney at your earliest convenience in order to secure your rights.
Steps Riders Can Take To Avoid Motorcycle Accidents:
- Follow all traffic laws
- Wear helmets and protective glasses when riding, even if not required under local laws
- Do not wear headphones, talk on the phone, or listen to loud music while riding
- Make sure that all of your equipment is functioning properly
- Keep a safe distance between your motorcycle and other vehicles on the road
- Watch out for distracted drivers and be ready to react quickly
Distracted Driving Is One Of The Most Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents
With the popularity of mobile phones, tablets, and music devices, more drivers seem to be distracted while they drive. Both people on motorcycles and people driving other vehicles engage in distracted driving. Depending on the egregiousness of the defendant's behavior, the injury to the plaintiff, and the need to deter future similar behavior, judges or juries may award punitive damages in addition to compensatory damages. Motorcycle accidents often result in death or serious bodily injury, which is why if you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, you should contact a motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible.
What To Do If You Are Involved In A Motorcycle Accident
As soon as the accident happens, stay at the scene and call the police and paramedics. At your earliest opportunity thereafter, contact a motorcycle accident lawyer. Avoid making any statements to other parties or the authorities about the case until you have spoken to your lawyer about the facts. Do not discuss the case with anyone other than your lawyer, and always contact your lawyer if you have questions. Many motorcycle accident attorneys work on contingency fees, meaning that they are paid a portion of the damages that you are awarded at the end of the case. This fee structure makes hiring an attorney affordable and easy, no matter what your current financial circumstances.