Build Your Business Drop to LL.com Full View
Talk to a Lawyer Today
Motorcycle Accident Resources
- Find Personal Injury Lawyers, Personal Injury Attorney Finder
- Ability and Experience of Counsel in Motorcycle Crash Cases
- The Role of Helmet Use In Motorcycle Accident Cases
- What Are The Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- What Should I Do, If I Am Involved In A Motorcycle Accident
- Class Action Against Harley Davidson
- More Motorcycle Accident Articles
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Motorcycle accidents can result in serious injury and property damage. If you have sustained an injury that was someone else's fault, you will want to contact a motorcycle accident lawyer to help you file a personal injury claim. What are the top five reasons you should file your motorcycle accident claim?
1. Collect Compensation For Your Medical Bills
If you file a motorcycle injury lawsuit against the party at fault, you can seek compensation for your medical expenses. This includes all doctor's visits, tests and procedures that were necessary or will be necessary as a result of your injuries sustained in the accident.
For those who do not have medical insurance or whose medical insurance is not comprehensive, this compensation can help you pay for your high medical costs.
2. Collect Compensation For Disability And Lost Wages
If you miss work as a result of your injuries, you can file a lawsuit to seek compensation for the wages you lost during that timeframe. In addition, if you are disabled as a result of your injury, you and your motorcycle accident lawyer can attempt to collect additional compensation for lost wages.
For example, if, as a result of your accident, you are unable to carry out your required job duties and must take a lower-paying position, you can seek payment to make up for this loss in wages. Learn more about motorcycle accident frequently asked questions.
3. Collect Compensation For Damage To Your Property
If your motorcycle and other personal property were damaged as a result of your accident, you can seek compensation to repair or replace the damaged property.
4. Insurance Payouts Might Not Cover Your Accident
Most states require motorcyclists to carry a minimum amount of comprehensive insurance coverage. However, depending on the specifics of your coverage, it might not compensate you for your injuries and property damage. Additionally, insurance companies often try to refuse or minimize compensation if at all possible. This means the insurance carriers of the other driver or drivers involved in the accident may attempt to refuse compensating you as well.
Filing a lawsuit with your motorcycle accident lawyer is a means to collect compensation when the insurance carriers deny your claim or agree to only partially compensate you.
5. A Motorcycle Accident Attorney Usually Uses Contingency Fees
Most motorcycle accident attorneys use a contingency-fee arrangement. This means the lawyer is paid a percentage of the money you receive as a result of a settlement or judgment in your case. Until then, if it happens at all, you do not have to pay attorney's fees.