Build Your Business Drop to LL.com Full View
Talk to a Lawyer Today
Medical Malpractice Resources
- Find Medical Malpractice Lawyers, Med Mal Attorney Finder
- Can Medical Students Commit Malpractice?
- Are All Physicians Insured Against Medical Malpractice Claims?
- Evaluating Medical Malpractice Attorneys
- Nosocomial Infections: When Hospitals Make You Sick
- Vaccine-Related Illnesses & Autism: Grounds for a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit?
- More Medical Malpractice Articles
What To Do When A Doctor Performs The Wrong Surgery On You
When a doctor performs the wrong surgery on you, it is an example of a form of negligence that has occurred during your hospital visit. The unfortunate reality is that thousands of doctors make the mistake of performing the wrong surgery on patients due to carelessness, fatigue or unawareness of a patient's condition. It is the doctor's fault when this occurs and not your own. If you are the victim of a doctor's negligence, contact a medical malpractice lawyer now. Learn more about patient safety by reading Advances in Patient Safety: From Research to Implementation. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services puts forth standards that hospitals should try to achieve in treating patients.
Steps To Take In Your Medical Malpractice Case
If you believe that a doctor has performed the wrong surgery on you, then do not hesitate to call a lawyer to find out the best ways to proceed in obtaining your settlement. Even if it has been a few weeks after the surgery has taken place, you may be able to pursue a medical malpractice claim against the doctor who performed your surgery. Here are some other steps to take after you have been the victim of negligence in a hospital. By performing these steps, even while you are still in the hospital, you can gain an edge in settling your negligence case.
- Take photographs of your cuts and abrasions
- Gather all of the hospital records you can obtain
- Request additional medical documentation from the hospital administration
- Research a doctor's history in providing care for patients
Connect With A Medical Malpractice Lawyer Now
Fill an online form or call us at 1-888-490-2407 to immediately get started in filing your negligence claim. Medical malpractice lawyers understand the additional steps required in your medical malpractice case. He or she will be able to quantify the damages that you have suffered and request these damages in the form of a settlement from the other side.