Build Your Business Drop to LL.com Full View
Talk to a Lawyer Today
Mass Tort Resources
- Find Defective Drug & Recall Lawyers, Drug Recall Attorney Finder
- Defective Pharmaceuticals Litigation [infographic]
- Defective Medical Devices Litigation [infographic]
- Birth Control Litigation [infographic]
- Birth Defect Litigation [infographic]
- State or Federal? How Attorneys Choose the Proper Jurisdiction for Medication Mass Torts
- More Mass Tort Articles
Why You Need an Attorney to File a Yaz Lawsuit
Women taking birth control pills containing the synthetic hormone drospirenone (found in contraceptives sold under the brand names Yasmin and Yaz, among others) are at higher risk of developing blood clots. If you have suffered adverse side effects from taking Yaz, Yasmin, Beyaz or other another drospirenone-containing contraceptive, you may be entitled to compensation from the drug's manufacturer.
Yaz & Yasmin Lawsuit Basics
Thousands of women have already filed lawsuits against Bayer Pharmaceuticals, which is the maker of Yaz and Yasmin. As of October 2012, Bayer reported that it had settled 3,490 claims for a total of $750 million, or an average of about $215,000 per person.
According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine at the National Institutes of Health, blood clots can cause a number of serious—even fatal—health conditions, including heart attacks, strokes, deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolisms (PE). If you have suffered serious injury from one of these conditions or other clot-related health conditions, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit against Bayer.
Talk to an experienced pharmaceutical litigation attorney, who can:
- Help you gather your medical records and review your information with medical experts
- Assess whether you're likely to recover money from Bayer to pay for your injury-related medical expenses and ongoing treatment
- File a lawsuit against Bayer in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, which is handling all Yaz and Yasmin litigation
- Negotiate with the company to settle your claim, if possible, so you can avoid a drawn-out court battle
Given the value of settled Yaz and Yasmin claims—and depending on the nature of your injuries—you may be entitled to a significant cash award. However, litigation is serious business and Bayer is represented by teams of attorneys. You only have one chance to sue Bayer for your injuries, so you should ensure that you're represented by skilled lawyers who have experience representing defective drug victims.