Build Your Business Drop to LL.com Full View
Talk to a Lawyer Today
Mass Tort Resources
- Find Defective Drug & Recall Lawyers, Drug Recall Attorney Finder
- Defective Pharmaceuticals Litigation [infographic]
- Defective Medical Devices Litigation [infographic]
- Birth Control Litigation [infographic]
- Birth Defect Litigation [infographic]
- State or Federal? How Attorneys Choose the Proper Jurisdiction for Medication Mass Torts
- More Mass Tort Articles
Should I Accept A Settlement From A Pharmaceutical Company
Side effects and adverse reactions to medications can affect anyone at any time. In recent years, reports of harmful effects have skyrocketed. Drug manufacturers have been called to account for approving and marketing new drugs without adequate testing. People have been left with permanent injuries, unable to work or enjoy life.
If you have been harmed by a drug, you have the right to seek compensation from the drug company. A lawyer who specializes in defective drugs can explain court procedures, help you with paperwork and get you the compensation you need to go on with your life.
Dangers Of Improperly Tested Drugs
Pharmaceutical manufacturers constantly design and market new drugs, aggressively marketing them to physicians and consumers. Doctors are paid by pharmaceutical companies to prescribe these drugs to their patients. You may feel that a drug is helping you, but it can also be causing lasting and painful damage. This can happen even when drugs are properly administered and taken according to directions.
- Physical side effects may include:
- Headaches, confusion, slurred speech
- Tardive dyskinesia - involuntary, often bizarre body movements
- Heart and liver damage
- Emotional side effects may include:
- increased depression
- inability to sleep
- obsessive-compulsive behavior
- suicidal or homicidal thoughts
What If The Drug Company Wants To Settle
When you bring suit against a drug manufacturer for damage caused by an improperly tested drug, you will have to prove that you were injured, and that the drug caused the injury. You will need detailed medical information about your condition before and after taking the drug. Your attorney can help you to obtain this information. He will also help you write a statement about what happened. He will interview your doctor, family members and friends.
It is possible that the company will want to settle out of court. This means that they would grant you a certain amount of money in return for your discontinuing legal proceedings against them.
At this point, it is up to you whether you want to accept the money or take the case to court. Your attorney will go over the possibilities with you and explain the possible outcomes.