Build Your Business Drop to LL.com Full View
Talk to a Lawyer Today
DUI / DWI Resources
Are DUI Field Sobriety Tests Always Reliable
A DUI lawyer has the ability to prove that the DUI field sobriety tests used during your arrest were faulty or administered in an improper fashion. By proving these points in court, a lawyer can actually work to have this evidence excluded from presentation during one's DUI trial. A jury will be advised that it is not able to consider the results of your DUI field sobriety test if this is the case. Learn more about the admissibility of certain types of evidence like DUI field sobriety tests from the Cornell University School of Law. Find a DUI lawyer who will challenge the admissibility of evidence in your case.
Proving That A DUI Field Sobriety Test Was Faulty
The process of proving that a DUI field sobriety test was faulty can be complex. Only lawyers who have a thorough understanding of the Federal Rules of Evidence and the applicable state evidentiary laws will be able to successfully prove that certain evidence should not be admitted at trial. To prove that this evidence should not be included, a DUI lawyer will have to show the following facts in a case:
- A police officer incorrectly administered the field sobriety test
- A police officer was intoxicated or under the influence of drugs in administering the test
- You had a physical disability at the time in which the test was administered
- You were 50 pounds overweight at the time the test was administered
- You were over the age of 65 years old at the time in which the test was administered
- The police officer was physically abusive while he or she administered the test
Contact A DUI Lawyer Now
Connect with a DUI lawyer now to discuss the evidence in your case. You can also submit an online form and have our legal professionals review your case. They will forward your case to DUI lawyers in your city or town.