Build Your Business Drop to LL.com Full View
Talk to a Lawyer Today
- Find Bankruptcy Lawyers, Consumer Bankruptcy Attorney Finder
- Donald Trump & Other Famous Bankruptcy Filers
- Will the Second Obama Term Bring About Bankruptcy Reform?
- The Grass is Greener After Bankruptcy
- How Bankruptcy Protection and Foreclosure Defense Intersect
- Legal Strategies Bankruptcy Attorneys Use to Keep Assets from Creditors
- More Bankruptcy Articles
Donald Trump & Other Famous Bankruptcy Filers
Before he became known for uttering the phrase "You're fired," Donald Trump was probably best known for being the country's most famous serial bankruptcy filer. Ironically, billionaire Trump apparently has problems keeping his companies' spending under control.
Serial Bankruptcy Filings
According to a 2011 article Trump's companies have filed for corporate bankruptcy at least four times. To his credit, The Donald has never filed for personal bankruptcy.
Anita Bryant, on the other hand, has some experience with both corporate and personal bankruptcy. The Miss America contestant turned singer and her husband filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 1997. Four years later, Bryant's theater ("Anita Bryant's Music Mansion") filed for corporate bankruptcy.
Celebrities & Personal Bankruptcy
Take a stroll through your average pro sports locker room, Hollywood award show or Los Angeles cemetery and you'll probably encounter more than one celeb who's filed for bankruptcy in the past. Among some of the more notable bankruptcy filers:
Visit LawyerLocator to learn more about consumer bankruptcy or to find a bankruptcy attorney in your area.