Build Your Business Drop to LL.com Full View
Talk to a Lawyer Today
Auto Accidents Resources
- Loss Categories in Auto Accidents: Damages, Injuries, Disability & Death
- How to File a Lawsuit for Medical Expenses After a Car Accident
- How Attorneys Arrive at Settlements in Auto Accident Cases
- Does Seatbelt Use Affect Liability & Damages?
- When Recalled Autos & Manufacturer Defects Cause Accidents
- More Auto Accidents Articles
Auto Accident Lawyers
A car accident can be a traumatic event - particularly when someone else is to blame. You have the shock of the accident itself, but may also be left with serious injuries and a damaged or destroyed vehicle. An auto accident lawyer can help you deal with the accident's aftermath and get the compensation you deserve.
What Do Auto Accident Lawyers Do?
A car accident lawyer is a type of personal injury lawyer. Car accident lawyers represent accident victims, specifically victims of accidents where another driver is at fault. Your auto accident lawyer can:
- Look at the evidence surrounding your auto accident, including the vehicles themselves, review police reports and talk to eyewitness
- Assess the total cost of your accident, including medical treatment, lost wages, the cost to repair or replace your car, as well as pain and suffering
- Talk to the other driver, the driver's lawyer or the driver's insurance company in an effort to negotiate a settlement
- File a lawsuit against the other driver if a settlement can't be reached
- Represent you in court
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer
There are several reasons to hire an auto accident lawyer, rather than trying to represent yourself.
Your automobile accident lawyer will have experience handling cases similar to yours. He or she will know the personal injury laws in your state, understand how to value your claim and will be comfortable negotiating a settlement or representing you in court.
Vehicle accident lawyers may also be familiar with others involved in your case - the defendant's insurance company and its lawyers, the judge, police and expert witnesses.
Perhaps the biggest benefit: When you're represented by a car accident lawyer, the other side can take you and your claim more seriously.
How Much Do Car Accident Lawyers Cost?
Automobile accident lawyers typically charge clients a contingency fee. This means you pay your accident attorney nothing up front, but if your claim is successful, you share a percentage of that award with your auto accident lawyer.